What is a Hydro Relayer?
A Hydro Relayer is a decentralized exchange that "relays" orders to the Hydro Protocol Smart Contracts for settlement.
What exactly does a Relayer do?
Relayers provide a marketplace for traders to buy/sell tokens. They use Hydro Protocol to process and complete the transactions.
Relayers perform the following actions:
- Collect trader orders (off-chain)
- Manage orders and perform Price-Time Priority matching
- When orders match, pack the details into transactions
- Send transactions to blockchain to confirm them on-chain
- When the blockchain completes the trade, notify the traders
How can I start my own Hydro Relayer?
We developed the Hydro SDK to launch your own relayer in just a single docker command. Check it out here.